Monday, April 4, 2011

Question

So I was sitting here thinking...Would you marry someone who you had been dating a few days? You are sitting around bored and someone says "I have an idea, lets go to Las Vegas and get married." By the way you are 19 and 20 years old.  One of you is working, the other is not.


That is EXACTLY what my 19  year old nephew did this weekend. He went to Vegas and got hitched. Who was there? His mom, her boyfriend and their friend.  WHAT!? I mean seriously, what are the odds these two will make it? I mean the romantic in me says Yeah they will (or could) make it. Then the realist in me says there is NO way..I mean they aren't even in LOVE...I think pretty much every thing else  you can work around..But with out love what is there? What about that point in your relationship you realize that the lust is gone and you actually have to work it out..You have to be friends and NOT run to the next best thing when it comes around.
Wow, wow, wow!
So I'd love to hear what you all think..I'm still floored! Make sure you answer on my poll and I'd love to hear thoughts!


3 comments:

Heidi said...

I married my ex 3 months after I started dating him...BIG mistake, with the exception of the two beautiful children I gained from the experience! I doubt they'll make it...that's just plum crazy, in my opinion!

Jennifer said...

Yeah I have my doubts too..I have hope but I really don't know. Marriage is tough enough with out all the other factors figured in.

kelsey said...

I have seen both sides. I know a couple who married after a week of meeting each other. This was over 10 years ago and they are still going strong. And I have seen people who dated forever, got married and then within a few years, divorced. I don't see the time as the issue. I see the people as the issues. Marriage is tough and has to be worked at every. single. day. Sacrifices have to be made on both ends. And love doesn't always come naturally and easily. It too has to be worked for. But it has to come from both sides. Both involved have to want it.

Odds are against them...but it is possible, if they want it and are willing to sacrifice to make it.