Friday, September 2, 2011

School is grand!

I have to tell you these past few weeks of school have been great! I love how caring everyone is and its a great feeling. The first week of school Mark fell and hit his head on one of the bars in the playground. The principal called me herself to let me know what happened. She said I could come in and check on him if I wanted to. It was really nice, and of course I went;-)

This last week Mark bonked heads with one of his class mates on the play ground and I got another call to let me know what happened. He was fine! When I went to get him he had a sticker on his shirt that said "I hit my head, please keep and eye on me." I also told Mark that we needed to change his name from Mark to Konk...;-)
This is a new school to Mark this year and I have been worried that Mark would have a hard time making new friends. Kids these days are just different. They don't seem as out going. So I sent his teacher and email letting her know that I was worried about that. She told me she moves them around in class a lot. That she would make sure he was meeting new friends. The next day the principal called me to let me know Mark's teacher had told her that I was a little worried. (Mark had been saying he missed his friends at Manzanita and wanted to go back) She went to Mark's class room and spent some time with Mark getting to know him. She told me what a nice young man he is and that they would make sure he was making friends. I was so impressed I can not even tell you how good that made me feel. I really appreciated the effort and kindness that I have been shown.
The school year is off to a great start!

1 comments:

Heidi said...

That's wonderful news! I'm sure he will make lots of new friends! :)