Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas

My favorite time of year is coming to an end. Not so sure that's such a bad thing this year. I have always enjoyed Christmas and Thanksgiving. However this year has been all about catching up and I still have not managed to do so. Things are tough. In fact as I sit here I have a baby in my lap. He is my helper. My hubby says its all about how I organize my time. That I'm productive at the wrong times. I'm definitely more of a night owl than a day time person. I can get stuff done but generally I don't until later in the day. I can get a lot done while the boys are in bed.
So as I start to pack away my christmas stuff away I think about how amazing the New Year is going to be. It just has to be.

The boys loved Christmas. Well after awhile they did. Mark was thrilled, he said he got everything he wanted. It took Alec awhile to warm up to the idea. At one point he cried and said he wanted different presents. It made me sad because Santa put a lot of work into getting their gifts. Everything he got was stuff he showed interest in. I think he was surprised at the different stuff he got. I think he was expecting to get the same stuff as Mark. Good mental note for Santa! Blake of course was indifferent. He was happy just to be there.

We enjoyed time at both families houses. Of course they always eat at the same time and its a big fat pain in the butt. Hubby is always happy to spend time at both, but i know its upsetting when we don,t make it to his families earlier. Next year something has to change. But NO ONE want to celebrate a day earlier, that would be too easy...
Did I mention Ive also thrown my diet out the window for now..Starting a diet around the holidays is murder..So here soon I will get the will power and will stick with it. Right now I have none and it makes me guilty and I feel like a big fat quitter..ha ha! Egg nog I salute you, you will not get the best of me:)
I hope you all had a great Christmas and I wish you a very Happy New year!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your interest in my blog, I just do random stuff. You're brave to have kids in this world wide depression.

I hope you stay safe, crime is on the rise.

kelsey said...

Merry (late) Christmas! Ah, I always laugh when I read your posts. I am just so much like you! Not always so great with my time and for sure a night owl... We too had some issues with one getting something and the other something else (even though that was what they had asked for)...what can I say, Santa tried;)