Sunday, October 17, 2010

Baptism

Last Sunday my hubby and I got baptized! We had been talking about it for a bit and sort of put it on the back burner.  Then we had gone to church a few weeks ago and were inspired to be baptized.  One of our church members Tom was talking about a fellow co worker that had passed away unexpectedly.  He said that one of his worries was that he did not know if his friend had been saved.  He felt very guilty and said he would make sure that no one slipped through the cracks again and that he would make sure he knew more about his friends and their lives with God.  Brandon and I were both very touched by his story and decided it was time.  I was thinking about waiting until we had been in church for a year or so, but it all hit me there was no reason to wait.  My niece was in charge of taking photos so unfortunately I didn't get any on my camera.  We both were baptized on October 10, 2010.  The water was so icy that I could not breathe.  I am so happy we made that decision for us.  Sometimes I am shy to talk about it because I can't stand the fact that there are so many people out there making judgements on every one.  I need to have a good relationship with God and feel I am moving in the right direction.  Church has been great and some how I feel stronger.  Things just seem to be flowing in a good direction.  Its really nice.  On Friday our friend Dave was also baptized.  He is in his 50's and had never been baptized.  It was nice to get it done. We were ready for that step and so happy we all made the commitment. Its hard to make such a big commitment, but it will be so much better for us in the long run.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

I think that's awesome news!!! Congrats!

Brandi said...

I'm glad you commented on my blog! I've been checking yours too, after seeing you on Skye's, but didn't want you to think I was a stalker if I commented! Haha.

But I wanted to say congratulations! What a wonderful experience!

Jennifer said...

Thank you Heidi!!

Brandi, I agree completely with the stalker thing! haha . I do keep my profile public so I guess I take that chance. I wanted to wait a bit before I added you so it would not be weird. I am always up for making new friends. I sent Skye and email before I added her to introduce myself:) Follow at will:)

Brandi said...

Haha! Okay, I will!