Friday, August 12, 2011

New school year

Well the count down is on. We start school on Monday. I went to meet the teacher yesterday. I felt so out of place and awkward. I really hope that feeling goes away. Mark and Alec are both really excited. I don't know why I let it bother me so much but I do. I want my kids to be in the best place possible. I wanted them to go to the charter school so bad and now I'm scared and really missing the other school. We have been so blessed that they have been accepted so I don't want to seem ungrateful. I'm just nervous. I want them to make friends and be happy.
I did come to the conclusion last night that this has nothing to do with them and everything to do with me. They will do great. They will be happy where ever they are. Friendship didn't come easy to me in school. I don't know what made me so different but Jr. High was a nightmare. I'm so glad its over and that I don't have to do it again. In my head last night I was thinking that this was 19+ years ago and I'm still thinking about it?? The people that made me unhappy are spread all over the world and dealing with who knows what. I had a good cry and a good pray and feel like I was able to let it go. Now I just need to work on being more personable. Not let the fear of being alone get to me.

7 comments:

Brandi said...

I didn't have the best time in Jr. High either. I've always been a little weird I guess, haha. But there are very few people I really click with. I had a better time in high school, but my memories of jr. high still make me pretty nervous about when my babies start school. Just gotta make sure I don't accidentally project my own worries onto them, and let them be confident and friendly. I'm sure your kids will have a wonderful school year.

Heidi said...

You're right...your boys will do great no matter where they are! :)

Jennifer said...

Thanks guys. I am trying so hard to just be positive and let them enjoy their year. I keep all these feelings to myself because I don't want them to have un needed worry! Mark knows he has the option to go where he wants. So if things don't go well he can go to a different school. I'm glad he is starting off at a new school during the beginning of school. Tomorrow is the day and I'm nervous, excited etc:) really looking forward to the 3 day weekends!!

Brandi said...

What grades are your boys in by the way?

Jennifer said...

They are pre-K and 2nd grade. Have any of your kids started school yet???

Oh and school is going really well for them so far!!

Brandi said...

No, not yet. Next year Paige will start. I just wondered which school the boys were at because my stepmom is Trudi (Mrs. Bradley), so I wondered if she was their principal. She is SO good with kids, and LOVES her job. She does miss teaching sometimes, but she still gets lots of contact with all the kiddos!

Jennifer said...

Oh how cool!!! Yes she is GREAT!! I have been so impressed with her and how she loves the kids!! She is really good with them. She spent some time with Mark last week and was telling me what a nice boy he is. That was such a huge compliment coming from the Principal. I love how involved she is and she is super caring.