Friday, July 29, 2011

Ding dong the witch is gone!!

Ok so here is my last post on this subject. She is now gone and it is time to let it go. My niece moved all of her stuff out two Saturdays ago. All but her little dog. She said she would come Tuesday to get her but didn't. Understandably she wanted to vaccinate her before taking her to her new home. Tuesday came and I didn't hear from her until around 3pm. She wanted me to take her to cash her boyfriends check that he had signed over to her. She doesn't have her own account and I guess they needed the cash pronto. Now I don't know what time his job hands out checks but like everything else she waited until the last minute to ask me. He was already at work. He started at 3pm. I told her I would call my bank and ask if they would cash it but I had my suspisions that they wouldn't. I was right. So I let her know and she was annoyed like any other day.
Let me back up to Friday..She called Friday night as 9:45. Hubby and I were going to Laughlin to meet up with my sis and her husband last minute. I told my niece that we were leaving and she asked if I could leave the door unlocked. UMMM, NO!! She said she HAD to get over here that night and get everything ready to go for the next day..move some boxes around and throw out some trash. She said it was the only time she had as they were coming to get her stuff the next morning. Besides she wanted to see her dog that she hadn't seen in a few days.

I did end up letting her come to finish up her organizing and packing. I decided that I wanted to get her out and didn't want to leave her with any reason not to get her stuff. She said she would be here Saturday morning.

Saturday afternoon they finally show up. With out friends to help them move..they waited an hour for some people to show up. They had it all moved out side and packed up and left. No good bye, thank you, kiss my booty nothing. I didn't hear from her until the following Saturday when she came to pick up her dog. We were at the grocery store and she called. I didn't answer because I didn't recognize the number. 3 calls later and she called Brandon. She said they were ALREADY at our house and wanted the doggie. Brandon told her we were at the store and it would probably be an hour before we got home. She gave the same old song and dance about how this was the ONLY time they could come and get her and that they were already here. Brandon told her he understood that but she needed to call before coming over. She got huffy and hung up on him calling me back right away. Asking if it was really going to be an hour...No it probably wasn't but geez, I am so tired of putting my life on hold for her. I ended up checking out and forgetting half of what I needed at the store. She got her dog, dish and some food. Good bye right..Nope!!

This Tuesday she picked up her 9.00 check from work. She came by my house at 6pm wanting to know if I could take her to cash her check...Well NO because they are already closed. I think she was hoping I'd just give her the cash. RRRRR!!!

So yesterday she called and of course I didn't answer. She left a message again about cashing her check and doing some laundry. What the F! SERIOUSLY...I ONLY see her when she wants some thing and she wanted to move out to be a big girl but still wants all the perks of living here?? Any time she ever did anything for me like watching the kids her boyfriend HAD to be here and I always owed her something.

I don't mind helping her out, but she told me she didn't want help all the times she said she had NO reason to be home. I never know if what she says is the truth or a lie and I'm tired of it. She went to the ER for a UTI and the bill got sent to her GPa in her dads name. They only did a urine test and a pregnancy test and it cost 1033.00. I told her about the bill and she said oh well my dad can take care of it. Its in his name and its responsibility....WOW..
She also got fired from her job because she was a no call no show. She was moving that day and her boyfriend fell into some glass. So they went to the ER. Now when I asked her if she worked she said she FORGOT. Now she says she was at the ER the whole time and tried calling for hours on end. That when she finally reached someone it was after her shift and she hadn't called since then because she doesn't have a phone any more. They've moved and she hasn't had access to a phone. Well she certainly doesn't have a problem finding a phone to call me when she needs something. So she showed up all ready to work and he was like UMM, you don't work here anymore. So of course that was his fault and she gave him a piece of her mind. Ahhhh!!! RRRRRRR...Deep breath and let it go..Hopefully this is done now.

**Disclaimer**
*Now I do sound mean and heartless but I really do love her and wish her well and right now I'm angry..But I'm just beyond burnt with the whole situation*

2 comments:

Heidi said...

That would be super irritating! I think you are right to feel annoyed and "used". I would tell her "no" to everything she asks you to do for her. After all, she did want to move out and be a big girl! Tough love is hard, but sometimes it's the only way you can get through to people. Stay strong, girlie!!! :)

Amanda said...

I would be angry too. She may be your niece, but she is at a stage in her life where she is only focused on herself.

Hopefully she gets a few rough realities of life served to her. She needs to grow up a LOT.