Saturday, January 21, 2012

Back to school (for me)

I finally finished my first week of online schooling. A few observations: It was harder than I thought. For some crazy reason I thought I would sail into it and get it done like a rock star...Boy was I wrong. The reading was monotonous. I had a hard time focusing and the kids seemed to know that I was trying to take care of something important. I have one pretty easy class. One that is easy but requires a lot of me. I felt very over whelmed. Now I am not going to let this get me down. But wow, I feel like waiting to go back has handicapped me in a sense. I think its just getting the grove down, but it was really hard. These classes I'm taking are online so I don't have the class room discusions like we normally would. We do have online discussions with other classmates. I am glad to be back and I need to power through this. I just took a big hit in my esteem this week. Perhaps a really good wake up call.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

FYI...Online classes are harder than classes taken in person. They have always been like that. I have always liked the flexibility that they offer, but there always seems to be more work and more studying that goes along with that flexibility. Take them in person, if you can. :)

Nichole Christensen said...

You are going to do great. It's hard to get started, but don't give up! Online classes are hard, like Heidi said. But once you get the hang of things, you will succeed. I think it's awesome that you're going back to school!!!