Thursday, August 13, 2009

1st day of Kingdergarten

Well Today was the first official day of school for Mark. I have dreaded this moment for the past 5 years. I used to think when he was first born that I had 5 whole years to count down to..Boy did time fly..So we got ready today..New shoes, new shorts, new School shirts..I asked him if he was excited to start school and he said he was. Last night not so much. We had meet the teacher and I asked him if he liked his new teacher and he said "uh not really"..ha ha..Its really hard to fill the shoes of his preschool teacher Miss Cami. She was so great and so friendly. Really loves children and its killing me that she isn't his teacher anymore.
Brandon and Alec went with us to his first day. We walked him to class and found his seat. He was just great. He said he had a really great day and that he now likes his new teacher. I cried my eyes out and was really upset that none of the other parents seemed to be upset. It bothers me on a lot of different levels. I think most parents are excited to be away from their children and to get a break. I love being with my kids and wish school wasn't so long. Most parents look at it as a form of day care that they don't have to pay for..What about this system is so great? Who deems it necessary to be away from their parents for 6 to 8 hours per day?
I am overly hormonal right now too. I cried at the house and when we left the school and was so happy to see him. He of course was fine and didn't have any problems saying good bye. It amazes me how strong our children are!
He only goes 2 and half hours per day. On late start days 2 hours. Its contraindicating of what I just wrote, but at the same time I don't think that short amount of time is enough. I did half day kindergarten and really enjoyed it. I thought that Kindergartners should always be half day and then when it was changed to full day I thought that was too much. Now being a mom, I'm all over the place and not sure what is best..Other than being with my baby more!
Regardless so far so good! He had a great day and things seem to go well. I'm glad he is only part day for my own selfish reasons. I miss him! He is my baby!!!

1 comments:

kelsey said...

Marryn started Kingdergarten too. And though I should be sad and thought I would be, I'm too overwhelmed with it all to really feel much! I think All-Day is just too much for them yet and agree that it's parents cheap form of day care, but Marryn would love to be at school longer! She's upset that she doesn't get to eat lunch, just a snack! What do we parents really know anyways;)