Tuesday, March 16, 2010

6 mos

Well my Blake is turning 6 mos old already. On the 20th. where has the time gone? I've started him on some cereal..He doesn't really seem all that interested. He still gags on it just a little bit. I hope it passes and that he gets more interested in food. I don't think he knows what he is missing. I decided to try some oatmeal with bananas. When Mark was a baby he loved it. Alec, didn't really care so much he wanted the good stuff. So hopefully Blake just isn't quite ready yet. Although I am..its hard to fully satisfy a booby baby. He likes to nurse and I don't blame him but its really hard on the momma.
I will keep you updated on the solids. Let me know if any of your children were ever not totally ready for food and it took them a bit longer.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Gracie was 6 months old when she first started cereal, too. Levi started at 4 months (he was so ready for solids!!). Every baby is different, that's for sure!

kelsey said...

Wow, can't believe he's already 6 months!! Seems like you just had him!

Well, each of my kids started solids later and later. With Marryn, being our first, four months and I thought I HAD to start her on solids. And we did. She did fine. Reganne was at about 6 months and poor Christian, wasn't really getting into it until closer to 9...(although we did try a few times in there.) Most babies really don't need the food yet and my aunt (a pediatric nurse practioner) said that we're one of the only countries that instist on solid feeding our babies before a year. Of course that isn't why my kids kept starting later and later. It was more of a hassle to find time to sit down and feed them with the other one/s around;). But every baby is different. Every mom and family is different and I don't feel there is that one way to do it. (Great advice, huh?) But I have heard alot more lately to start babies with more of the green veggies (to help them *like* them more;) and then move on to the sweeter ones and then fruits. And that the rice and oatmeal don't have to be first. But again, every baby is different...Christian would literally gag on peas. It was really funny.