Sunday, June 28, 2009

10 year reunion


This weekend was my 10 year high school reunion and I didn't attend. I had my pro's and con's about going and in the end decided not to make go. I don't feel guilty that I didn't attend. I just wasn't interested. I know alot of people went and enjoyed themselves, but it wasn't for me. I'm proud of the person I am. I didn't always enjoy my high school years and decided that it was best for me not to attend. I wasn't a part of click or any popular group. I had my close friends and people that were in my life, but that was it. I felt like I had to let go of that part of my life considering it wasn't one of my favorites. I did however have great friends and I will always hold them close to my heart and will always be thankful for all of the memories. They made my high school fun. Most of those people weren't there..Its sort of like visiting a house where the people that you loved and made that house a home aren't there anymore. I'm sure there were people there that I would have loved to have seen..but right now I'm just in sort of a weird funk. Not sure why...

I did however attend a wonderful life celebration and I got to go and spend time with some of my oldest friends. So that was great and it was wonderful to remember her dad and remember old times. Made me realize that I really do need to spend more time with old friends and make the time. Its hard in everyday life..Kids, family, life, work and everything else.
Right now I must say I am blessed and have no regrets!!

Also a cute pic of my boys "washing their feet" with my cleaner!

2 comments:

kelsey said...

I think we would have been best friends had I stayed in Kingman! This weekend is my 10 year reunion and I had absolutely no desire to go. I had a fairly good high school experience, was involved in EVERYTHING (that's what happens when you graduate with 70 kids), but just don't feel the need to go back. I always felt uncomfortable then and don't think it would be any different now. Besides, I know that I truly am MOST LIKELY TO SUCCEED although others may not agree...;)

Andrew and Alison said...

:) Jennifer :)
Its strange, but my hs was spent creating and editing. I was in my own world, playing host as a fly on the wall to all that went on. People spend a good part of life looking for a bit of acceptance that you can only find with your closest family and friends. Not in searching for in the faces of strangers. I didn't go either and I'm like you in saying --most of my friends were not there anyhow.
Alison