Friday, September 25, 2009

He's Here!!!!!!!!



I am proud to announce that Blake Adam Wilcox made his Debut on Sunday September 20, 2009. He weighed 9lbs 3.2oz and was 21.7inches long. He is a big boy, but is perfect!!!
I actually got to go into labor on my own this time!!! With both Mark and Alec I was induced. With Mark my blood pressure was getting to high and with Alec he wasn't moving enough and the doc was concerned that the placenta wasn't thriving anymore.

I had been cleaning house the majority of the day and been feeling kind of crampy all day. Not really any different than any other day. My hubby went to watch UFC and my friends Mandy and Sarah came over with their kids to hang out. We spent some time relaxing and having some good conversation. After they left I got everyone ready for bed and then the the hubby came home. I was in bed for about an hour tossing and turning. I was having contractions that kept getting stronger and stronger. I had gotten up to go to the bathroom a few times and one of those times I thought maybe my water had broken and was starting to leak. So I woke up hubby and we called our friend Mandy to come and stay with the boys. We went to the hospital and got right in. This was around 12:30-1:00 am. She checked me and said I was only dialated to a 1. Which was disappointing..she said I was probably dehydrated and that was causing the cramping. All I could think at this point was how I was going to go home and deal with these contractions that were getting stronger. So I downed three glasses of water trying to get rehydrated so these contractions would go away. After I got up to use the restroom I got sick to my stomach and all the water came up. I got really shaky and didn't feel well at all. So the nurse checked me again and I had gone from a 1 to a 4/5..all in an hour. She said I was staying!! Thank goodness!! I would have had the baby at home otherwise...
I asked for my epidural right away..last baby I didn't get one so I was jonesing to get one this time~ After the epidural was done she checked me again and I was already dialated to an 8...AT 5:30 the doc came in and broke my water..I was at a 9 at that point. Then I stayed there for about 2 hours until the nurses started rolling me some. Everytime I got up before It seemed to make me dialate that much faster so It made sense to move.
With in 15 minutes baby had dropped and I was ready to push..3 Big pushes and he came out. This delivery was so smooth and fast. I had been praying and praying for things to go smooth.
Needless to say I am completely in love all over again. Its funny because with every baby I have worried about how things would change with having a new baby..but it always seems to just work..

2 comments:

kelsey said...

Oh my! How adorable! So glad to hear everything went so smooth. And wow, a 9 lber. Welcome to the club!;) I told my mom after having Reganne (9 lbs even) that I felt I was in a *special club* of moms. She too had had a 9 lber. It's quite a feat! And you sound so relaxed and good. Hope he's a good baby for you. Oh, and cute name!

Heidi said...

Yeah! Awesome post! I'm so glad you had a super easy time with this one!!! He's a cutie!