Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Baby celebration

This past weekend was my baby celebration! I have to admit I was feeling very self concious like no one would want to come or even show up. But things went very well and I was very happy to see how many good friends that I do have. I don't get to see all of them very often, or at least often enough for me but it made a huge difference. We had also decided that it would be a party to celebrate the coming of the new baby..No gifts expected. I got so many new baby clothes, diapers and cute toys, I was so thrown. I guess in my self wallowing I didn't think that people would want to come let alone buy the new baby a gift. It really means a lot to me that so many people were here. It was at my house and my great friends Mandy and Sarah threw the shower for me. They put a lot of work into it and I am so grateful for them. I had family and friends here to support me and it was very nice. My youngest Alec went with his dad and Mark my 5 year old stayed here. He was to interested in the party and other kids that may show up. He helped open presents for a few minutes before disappearing to play. I had to slow him down because he was opening them so fast I couldn't even process what I was opening. But he did calm down and I was able to relax and open at a slower pace.

Once I get my pics downloaded I will get them posted. I'm so lazy right now. I'm 38 weeks along and so tired. I feel good that things are getting done and I think I'm ready for him. Ready or not right? Just a few more things and I will be set..I can not believe how fast the past 9 months have gone by.

1 comments:

Amanda & Colby said...

ahem...have pity on my self image and please please please avoid posting any pictures of my round self.

I know I am lame.