Tuesday, July 20, 2010

chasing a little piggy

SO I was on my way home from the store last night and I had a feeling I needed to slow down. A feeling that if I didn't I would hit something. Low and behold I had to swerve the car to keep from hitting an animal. Not just any animal..A pot belly pig. I turned around and drove by a few times to try and find the poor fellow. I didn't see him anywhere. So I was hoping he had ran into a near by field. On my way back that way I didn't see him either. I turned into Walleck Ranch and there he was resting on the rocks of someones front yard. I went up to him thinking maybe he was friendly and that I could catch him. He oinked at me a few times and went closer into a tree where I could not reach him. I rang the door bell of the people to let them know they had a little pig in their front yard and so I would not get shot running around like an idiot in their front yard. They wished me luck..
He crossed Gordon and I clapped my hands at him. He ran fast oinking at me the whole time. Had I caught him I don't know what I would have done, but lets just say I'd have a pig in my back yard. I didn't want him to get ran over he was too cute. The story had some hilarity to it so I thought I'd share. Man I wish I'd had my camera! Most people can say I almost hit a dog or cat..but I can say I almost hit a pig. I'm so glad I didn't. If you don't know this about me I am a HUGE animal lover!! It would have broken my heart.

1 comments:

Skye said...

poor little piggy! i'm so glad you went the extra mile to make sure the little critter was safe. i completely enjoyed this post....what a random sighting.