Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Bruce Almighty

Do you remember the movie Bruce Almighty? If you haven't seen it, its great! Has Jim Carrey, who I feel is one of the funniest actors of all time. When Bruce is given God's job he decides to answer YES to all of the prayers he receives that way it will make his job easier. Not only does it confuse things, but people are praying for ridiculous things like losing weight eating only krispy cremes or to win the lottery. There are riots and all sorts of problems. So I guess it makes me think back to the mom who taught her kids to pray and you will get what ever you want. God does answer our prayers, just not always how we want. I can not tell you how many times I've prayed for something that I "wanted." To come back later and Thank my lucky stars that God didn't grant me that prayer. Sometimes what we want at the time of prayer seems great and God knows what will happen or how things will turn out. So he saves us from the eventual disappointment!
Thank Goodness!!!!!

0 comments: