Friday, February 5, 2010

my hubbie

Just when I think my couldn't be any sweeter or lovely he does this.. Alec was playing with the rod to the mini blinds. The one that makes it open and close. I didn't think anything of it. Until later I went in the lving room and saw where he wacked the tv several times. Leaving scratches on the precious big screen. I saw it and cringed knowing he was going to be mad. Knowing this may be Alec's last day on earth. Brandon came home and evaluated the tv. I had pre-warned him. He said "who did this to my tv?". Alec came and hid by me. I was washing dishes. Alec immediately started crying. He gets his feelings hurt really easy. Brandon said "why did you do that budddy?" Talking very mellow the whole time. Then he gave him a realy big hug and sat him in the chair talking to him. Alec had to do some time in his room. Obviously he needed some punishment. After Brandon was done he said it was just a material thing. He said Alec was worth way more than the tv. It made my heart smile...then he reminded me of the video we watched. It was called the last speach or last lecture. Don't know if you ever saw it. But if you haven't you should. The man is a professor who has a brain tumor and is dying. He is giving his last lecture and talks about how he wishes he could be around to watch his kids grow up and that material things don't matter. He'd give up anything for more time. This lecture was featured on Oprah and a lot of people saw it. It was so heart warming and so sad. If you've never seen it look it up. Its on you tube. Last lecture..

I know that is my biggest fear. Not being here for my babies. I pray to God everyday and would give up anything to be here with them!

So seeing what Brandon did today made my heart smile:) what a lucky woman I am to have such a gem!!

0 comments: