Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Guilty pleasure

One of my Guilty pleasures are Gold Canyon candles! I could spend a $100 on them in the blink of an eye. Yesterday I got my order in. I bought 3 big ones. An apple, an apple spice and a sugar cookie. I ripped open the box and sorted through the three. Then I packed them away and hid the box out in the garage. I told Mark not to tell Dad because he gets mad when I "waste" money on stuff. Mark Laughed and we cleaned up all of the evidence. A little later I was on the computer and Mark came over and asked me how much I spent on candles. I told him it didn't matter, feeling suspicious that he was telling dad and he wanted to know how much I spent..I walked in the kitchen and he followed me. How much did you spend he asked. C'mon just tell me. I said it doesn't matter again. Brandon who was sitting on the couch said what doesn't matter. I was caught! Mark told his dad I bought candles and hid them. Ha ha! Don't trust your deep dark secrets with your 5 year old. You will get busted everytime..I spent 68.00. Not proud of that, but I LOVE them.
I had a few guys working on my alarm one time at my house and the one said how do you make your house smell so good? I was sold.

2 comments:

kelsey said...

Ha ha! That is SO something I would do. And I am too learning NOT to say anything to my girls about it... My favorite trick with my hubs is to buy something, stash it away for awhile, then bring it out and when he asks where I got it or whatever, comment something along the lines of "This? Oh, I got it awhile ago." For some reason, I don't feel as guilty about it then-AND, I'm not even lying about it;). Enjoy your new candles! (Guys just don't understand stuff like this.)

Heidi said...

I love Gold Canyon candles, too Jenn! I know they're expensive but they last long and smell super awesome! Another trend I am into now is Scentsy...they have warmers and the smelly wax won't burn little ones if they get their fingers into it! That's what I use in my classroom since we can't have open flames.