Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Hoarding

As I was cleaning up the kitchen a little bit (Don't know what came over me) I started thinking about people who hoard things. I wonder if they hoard because they are bored?? I know that when I am bored I go shopping and buy things I really don't need. Usually just to waste time. I know I could be cleaning or doing the several things around here that need to be done, but none of it is as fun. I get on the computer and surf or farm until I am bored. Then I get out of the house and shop because I'm bored. Not only do I spend extra money I don't need to spend I almost always come home with stuff I didn't need. I do have to say for the most part I buy for the boys, clothes or something cute. There are a few splurges here and then and sometimes I say heck with it and get something for me. Like a new coffee maker. I had an old cheap one that would spill coffee all over the counter or floor when you tried to pour from the carafe. I would go to the sink and pour. I would also wait 30 minutes on my coffee..Thus going to Starbucks became much easier. :) So yesterday I though heck with it..I got myself a 24.88 Mr. Coffee with a programable timer. A few days earlier I had one in the cart and talked myself out of it. But I just decided heck with it yesterday and today My coffee was ready when I got up.
But I seriously think boredom and hoarding are one in the same. Guess I better get that under control:)

1 comments:

Amanda & Colby said...

I am bad at that too. Although I am super bad at online shopping. I like the online browsing, and then the anticipation of it coming in the mail.

I.AM.BAD