Sunday, January 31, 2010

my weekend

I have to say I had a really good weekend. I spent time with the kiddos, hubby, friends and it was nice. I didn't really have any worries this weekend and it was great..Sometimes its so nice to not do anything but be with the family. I mean seriously, I didn't clean, I didn't obsess which I realize I have started doing way to much. I did some laundry but that is pretty self sufficient:)
Saturday we went up to the Hualapai mountains and played in the snow. It was great and the kids were gung ho until they were frozen and wet. Then they were ready to come home. I also went shopping with the kiddos and a friend Saturday night. The kids were so well behaved. I don't think I even raised my voice once.
We finally got the 8:30 bed time routine going. It seems to going pretty well. Its funny because I've always wanted them on a schedule and my hubby had been pretty oblivious to it. He didn't really care then he talked to someone who was talking routine and all that and boom he was gung ho. He is usually like that. Someone will mention what they think is a good idea and he will want to implement it. When of course I have mentioned it before..but I guess it sounds better coming from someone else..ha ha..Its hard because I need him to back me because I can't do it by myself. I have been getting more done to since the boys have been in bed. Except maybe the baby. He is usually up with me, and sometimes snoozing. His schedule is a little different. But things are going well..I'm happy and really at peace!

1 comments:

Heidi said...

Isn't it funny how men don't think our ideas are any good until they hear it from someone else??!! Schedules are awesome!! I have had my kids on a schedule since they were about 4-6 months old, or once they were actually able to be on one. It does make life that much easier! P.S.--Glad you slowed it down this weekend!! You deserve to take a breather!