Thursday, January 13, 2011

Justice, eh I think not

You remember the story of my hit and run victims the other day right? Well if not you can see it here.  Last night I left Wal-Mart and I saw a green car that looked so similar to the one that took off on Monday night.  So I decided to follow and see if it was in fact the car.  The way he flew through the parking lot made me more than suspicious.  So I pull out of Wal-Mart on to Airway I see the car flying down the road.Basically all I want to do is drive by and get the license plate number and see if I can see a dent on his front bumper. Well apparently that was not in the cards.  I watch as the car turns on to Willow and look in my rear view mirror..There is a lovely police car following me! I knew before he even turned on his lights I was BUSTED. So I get ready to turn off and prepare to pull over as he turns his lights on.  He walks up to the car and asks me if I know why he pulled me over. I said I know exactly why you pulled me over, but can I tell you why.  He said ok..I'm sure guessing that I had some wild story to tell him.  I really did! So I tell him what happened and he asks me the typical questions...Like when did this happen, What kind of car was it, where did it happen..Clearly not believing me. So a few minutes later he walks back up to my car and hands me my warning to sign.  Tells me next time to call them and let them handle it. That if I approach him, he could come after me.  What?! I was not about to approach him! I just wanted to get his plate number..So trying to be a good citizen didn't really pay off and those people who got hit didn't get one ounce of Justice. I swear sometimes  I am way too nice. I ended up feeling like an idiot, Mr. Police officer totally didn't believe me and the zippy little green car got away! Thankfully I didn't get a ticket he was nice in that aspect..but still I was super Mad!

2 comments:

Skye said...

Oh man....what a bummer! I'm sure you felt let down with the justice system just like I did when we reported the drunk driver not so long ago and the police did nothing even when we drove right past one after it was reported. Except in this case you were the target. Hey at least you tried :)

Jennifer said...

I did feel down:( Even more I wanted to cry and scream at the officer for judging my integrity. Even though I know thats what they are supposed to do! Its frustrating...Oh well..