Wednesday, January 12, 2011

You can run, but you can not hide

The day before yesterday I had done some grocery shopping at the new Safeway.  I was supposed to be at the gym, but wasn't really in the mood.   I got every one and every thing loaded in the car. We left and I pulled out on to Stockton hill Rd.  I was at the traffic light getting ready to make a Left on to Gordon.  One car in front of me.  The cars crossing Gordon had the light.  As I'm sitting there watching everyone go by I see a white truck go through the light and a Teal green car turning Left on to Stockton run into each other.  This was totally the Green car's fault.  Had he been paying attention and let the truck go.  Who had the right away he would not have run into him.  So the white truck backs up to get out of the way, as does the green car. Neither had cars behind them. My arrow comes and I turn on to Gordon.  The green car backs up to Circle K like he is getting out of the way and turns around and takes off! In the mean time I had turned around because I thought he had taken off.  I see the white truck who got him pull into Safeway and I stopped and asked them if he took off.  They said Yup, he sure did.  I felt so bad for these people.  They were super nice and not really to concerned over the damage. Basically it just bent their front bumper a little and left some of his paint. 

Its funny because in a town like Phoenix you might actually get away with this.  But Geez, this is Kingman.  They will find him.  I'm not sure what kind of car he had, but it was one of those cars you don't see every day. Not your basic white car that we see all over. So its sad.  No one was hurt but I can not believe that he ran. I fear for other drivers out there and wish I would have gotten his license plate number.. What a jerk, some people should not be able to drive!

1 comments:

Heidi said...

That happened to me once. Someone ran into my car in a parking lot when I was in a restaurant, then just drove off! People who were sitting outside saw it and called the police. We had the description of the vehicle, so I scoured the streets of Kingman. Lo and behold, as I was driving one day two weeks later, I saw a vehicle that fit the description. I stopped and looked at the vehicle...it had my paint marks all over it! I called the police and the rest was history! Haha. I'm sure he totally thought he would get away with it...he thought wrong!!! :)