Sunday, October 4, 2009

2 weeks

Wow, 2 weeks have passed since we welcomed Blake into our home. Its so crazy that this time has gone by so quick..He is a great baby..So patient and such a great sleeper. He is becoming more and more alert and is sleeping a tad bit less. Mark and Alec do very well with him. They keep their distance for the most part but are very gentle with him when they are around. Blake gives me quite a bit of rest at night which is great. Usually he is up bright and early to nurse but does go back down until around 10am. We really don't have a set schedule yet. sometimes he sleeps 3-4hours at a time. Sometimes he is up every 2hours..Just depends..but most often he sleeps great..maybe I'm just used to it..
Nursing him has definately given me quite the appetite. I'm hungry all the time. I just have to stay away from the junk..All the Halloween candy around is making me nuts. I just can't get enough candy corn. Then to top it all off my hubby goes to get ice cream for the kids and comes home with not just 1 or 2 but 3 things of ice cream. Good Grief..lol..
I've been staying home mostly. I only go out to take Mark to school or pick him up..Sometimes I go by myself to the store. I want to try and keep us all from getting sick. Especially the baby. I'm a little bored, a little stir crazy..but I think its for Blake's best interest.I'd like to do some walking, but we've had crazy wind the past few days and I really don't want to over do it and want to give myself time to heal. I feel good and think my cold I got right before delivery is almost gone. I still get a few cough attacks. But think this is just a little of the left over thing.
Hubby has been super supportive and I really can not thank him enough. He is very busy and has been great through everything. I will get some new pics up soon..I'm so behind! Thanks everyone for you love and support.

2 comments:

kelsey said...

Wow, he's 2 weeks already! Sounds like a dream baby. I was never one to do a schedule for my babies. Would just let them lead the way. Sometimes they'd find a groove themselves, but it'd only last for awhile before their needs would change. And you sound so great. I am so happy for you. Having a baby can be quite stressful (especially with other little ones already at home) - you are my role model! You have such a possitive outlook. Can't wait to see pictures, but totally understand the delay;) In fact, I'm impressed with all the posts you have been doing! Keep taking it easy and enjoy this sweet time. It goes by way too fast.

Heidi said...

Oh stop it now!!! You're giving me major baby fever!!! LOL! :) I think that he sounds like a wonderful baby. I am glad that he's such a good sleeper. That always makes everything better!