Wednesday, October 21, 2009

chicken or candy corn?

That is the question. Man this clean eating is HARD. Its one of those things that you have to be ready to do and commited to. Like quitting smoking. I've never been a smoker, but I've observed people that have quit and tried to quit. If you aren't ready you won't make it. That's how I feel about food. Of course I don't like the changes I see in my body. Extra fat here, dimples there and it bothers me every day. I've had a baby BUT I still have extra fat that I know I can shake. Its called the skinny fat. Everyone always tells me how thin I am etc, but its like I'm hiding some sort of dark secret. My clothes camoflauge a lot. I don't even want to get started on my other clothes not fitting yet. I absolutely refuse to buy a new wardrobe. I just need to get over this food addiction that has such a huge hold on me.

Today was going very well. I did well the better part of the day. I ate well, skipped Starbucks, only ate a few candy corn. Made a good dinner, (chicken, steamed veggies and a small baked potato). Then I started feeling snacky! My wonderful hubby reminds me of the chocolate cake that we had gotten at the store. The chocolate cake I had been avoiding for the past few days. So I had a small piece and that turned into 2 and maybe a little more later:( all this while watching the biggest loser. So here I sit, not feeling any better and having a headache from the coffee I didn't drink today. *sigh* tomorrow will be better!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Awe hun, everyone goes through the guilt of not always eating healthy! Keep your head up and try not to be so down on yourself for "giving in" sometimes.

And, I'm telling you...the coffee thing...go get a venti iced coffee with nonfat milk and 2 or 3 pumps of mocha. It'll make your headache go away and it's only about 100 calories! If money is tight, buy the mocha powder from Starbucks and make 'em at home! They're not AS good as Starbucks, but they're comparable...

Hope that helps! :)

Jennifer said...

Thanks!! I will have to try that:)