Sunday, October 11, 2009

3 weeks

Well here we are at week 3 already. Blake is doing great. He still sleeps a lot and has his moments usually at night when he doesn't want to sleep. He thinks its time to party when its time to go to bed. Normally when he is sleeping I'm trying my hardest to get things done. So when bedtime rolls around I'm worn out. I'm starting to feel back to myself. Not so much of an emotional roller coaster like I was. I still have some baby weight to shake, but I can see this is going to be a challenge as I seem to be starving every waking minute. Now I know what your thinking, its only been 3 weeks..but as we all know the weeks start going by faster and faster..So as long as it hasn't been a year and I should be good. ha ha! In all reality I'm sure its breast feeding stores that my body is holding onto. I only have 14lbs to lose. I gained a total of 38. Which is significantly less than with my other two. I think around 50-60..Yikes! I also seem to be healing much faster than with the other two..Better experience..maybe..who knows...The scale certainly hasn't budged in a week or so. I'm sure weighing every day doesn't help either. So I should get back on track soon and I really don't want to do anything to hurt my breast milk supply. I nursed both boys with out formula and plan to do the same with this one. I used to be concerned about nursing and how my ladies would be after wards..well they will be fine and I will have a much healthier baby..Thank heavens for push up and great support bras..

Its funny how much more self concious you are after a baby. I normally slim down pretty great and I'm sure I will this time around too. But its still something I think we all worry about. I still want to be the only girl that catches my hubby's eye..well except for Megan Fox..ha ha!
In all reality he is thrilled to have 3 boys that are healthy and relieved that everything went good with labor and delivery. ME TOO!!
So here is to another week that has passed! I hope to keep blogging and just sending out random thoughts. I really like it! A great way to journal in your own right mind and vent..its great.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I totally know what you mean about losing your cute body after having kids. I try to think of my body as a road map of things that happened (i.e. child birth), and then I don't feel as bad. I didn't breast feed my first two, and my boobs are still sagging towards the south, so I just think that comes with pregnancy and motherhood. I am thankful, too, for push up bras!!

kelsey said...

Wow, 3 weeks and only 14 lbs to go!?! You are awesome! I'm sure that weight will just slide off when you're not even paying attention. (I'm a 50 lb weight gainer, and usually take that full year to loose it-not look the same, just weight the same...big difference in my mind;) And yeah for nursing! My kids have never had formula and I am just now finishing up nursing our 15 month old. Although I'm pretty bummed he didn't go at least 18 months, but really wanted those first 2 year...oh well. (My first went 18 and then these next 2 were both 15 monthers. Maybe the next (and most likely last:) will be the *winner*. And yeah for not only push-up, but padded bras! I need ALL the help I can get!